Tuesday 28 July 2009

My PDF eBook on Solar Imaging

My latest news is that I have a PDF ebook available on 'Observing and Imaging the Sun with Modest Equipment'

You can find more information here



Click on the image for more details.

Videography features in this eBook and the H-alpha prominence image on the disk cover was captured with a Mintron video camera through a Coronado H-alpha PST.

The monochrome image has been coloured cosmetically to reflect the monochrome nature of H-alpha light at 656nm in the red.
Mintron Enterprises are making two new modified colour cameras for me that I think will show even greater colour fidelity along with the same H-alpha sensitivity as the MTV-73S85HP-EX-SW-R colour deep-sky Mintron. When these cameras are completed and I have tested them, I shall report on them here if they do represent a significant improvement in performance.
Dont forget to click on 'Older Posts' or 'Newer posts' below or browse the 'blog archive' on the left, or click on 2009 to see all of the posts for this year on one page.